I haven't written a personal post for ages but such a momentous and exciting change is coming for me, I felt I needed to. After living on my own for 4.5 years, I am moving in with my wonderful boyfriend. Living on my own has been an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone. I've got to know much more about myself and it has been surprisingly fun.
Here are some things I'll miss about living on my own:
- No one to answer to or to worry about when you haven't done chores. You made the mess and you have to live with it.
- Being able to reach the ketchup out of the fridge while sitting at the dining table (yes my flat
iswas that small)
- In the same vein, hoovering the entire flat from one plug socket.
- Two walk-in wardobes. All for me. Colour co-ordinated and organised by style. *happy sigh*
- Endless watching of trash TV. Kardashians? Sure. TOWIE? Go for it. Real Housewives of the OC? Why not!
- Eating what I want for tea. I am proof that you can live off twixes, toast and crisps.
- Star-shaped bed lying.
Here are some things I won't miss:
- Spiders. SPIDERS! Aggrrrhhhh! Out of necessity, I have developed the requisite courage to be able to squish them in tissues but it is always an emotional ordeal.
- No one to help carry in shopping.
- No one to share the chores with.
- No one to cook for. I would do more than toast and crisps if it was for two!
- No one to look after you when you're ill. My mum has had to come to the rescue more than once with a 6am dash up the M42.
Having loved living on my own for so long, now I can't wait to wake up every day with someone who makes me so happy. I hope I can make him just as happy.
The photo is me outside my flat when it snowed earlier this year.